[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Taking part is easy! To take part in the Schools for Forests campaign, just get in touch with us to register a school or college. You can then just go ahead and raise funds, perhaps using the ideas given in this information pack. Those wishing to do more can use other information in this pack to integrate the campaign into their teaching.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org when downloading materials, so that we can register your school or college to the Schools for Forests challenge. The sooner you are registered, the sooner others can support your fundraising on our Just Giving site. Once registered we will also send forest-related lesson plans.
- Checklist of fundraising ideas
- General information
- Tropical forest factsheet
- Introduction to CIRCLE and UFP
- Teaching ideas – primary
- Teaching ideas – secondary/college
- Assembly slides for primary schools
- Assembly slides for secondary schools/colleges
- WOW slides (slideshow as seen on the Schools for Forests home page)
- Letter for businesses
- Letter for friends of the school/college
- Letter for parents and carers
If you would like editable versions of any materials, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lesson plans are available upon request for schools that sign up to take part. These include:
- KS2 lesson plan
- KS3 lesson plan
- GCSE Biology (speciation)
- GCSE Geography (tropical forest biomes)
- A Level Biology (deforestation and diversity)
- A Level Geography (tropical forest biomes – advanced)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”1554″ img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][/vc_column][/vc_row]